AGV Software Engineer.
Amerden is a full service Automatic Guided Vehicle (AGV) and Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR) system provider. We are looking for a SW Engineer to join our team that is based in Saint Augustine, Florida. Our customers are manufacturing and warehouse companies that seek to improve their competitive advantage through automation.
This position is primarily responsible for application support and development of Amerden’s AGV and AMR automation software. The candidate can work from a remote location but expected to have access to highspeed internet connectivity for daily communications with other team members, and for remote support of customers.
The ability to work both independently and as a highly functional team member to meet and exceed customer expectations is the key to a successful career at Amerden.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Engineer will support a variety of software development and support activities including:
· Developing and maintaining AGV control systems software – primarily developed in C# applications with Web-based user interfaces.
· Design and implementation of interfaces to customers’ existing computer systems.
· Developing various test tools, and utility software.
· First level customer support for Amerden software products including remote and onsite support, general network troubleshooting, user support.
· Installation, integration and commissioning of AGV system at customer site.
· Creating software specifications, test documentation and user guides.
· Performing software/system testing.
· Ability to travel to customer locations for onsite installation and commissioning of systems. Onsite visits typically range from 1-2 weeks but could be extended. Number of trips per year average 5-6.
· Bachelor’s Degree in SW Engineering, Computer Science or related degree.
· Minimum 2 years of relevant and verifiable experience.
· Experience with SQL Server and/or other databases.
The ideal candidate will have:
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in developing software applications for industrial controls, automation or robotics. Experience in the following programing environments is desired:
· Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
· Experience with design and implementation of computer to computer interfaces.
· Knowledge of networking & communications protocols.
In addition to programming skills, experience in the following areas is desirable:
· Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGV) and/or Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR).
· Robotic Packing Systems.
· WMS, MES, ERP Systems.
· AS/RS and automated conveyors.
· Proven ability to develop functional and design specifications.
· Proactive and structured approach to projects and responsibilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Positive can-do attitude.
· Must be able to work independently and in teams.
· Proven ability to work effectively under pressure.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Able to effectively work remotely
· Willingness to travel to customer’s site for implementation and support
· Customer focused (internal and external).
Founded in 1988, Amerden AGVs is an independent, full service AGV System provider – including consulting, design, manufacture, installation and long-term support of AGV Systems. Working with the latest in AGV control and vehicle design technologies, Amerden provides cost effective solutions to meet the most challenging load handling and operational requirements. We take immense pride in providing exceptional service and solutions to our customers. Amerden provides the following benefits to our employees:
1. Employee Health Insurance
2. Retirement Plan with a company match
3. Vacation/Holiday Pay
4. Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.